I trained with the international law firm Eversheds and qualified as an employment/HR solicitor with them in 2002. I worked in the Human Resources Practice Group as part of a team of employment lawyers and HR consultants for 12 years before leaving the law to set up my own HR consultancy and mediation business in 2014. I was a member of the specialist discrimination and diversity and education sector teams.
A few examples of my work and experience
- Extensive employment tribunal, advocacy and dispute resolution experience
- Complex and highly sensitive investigations including those involving key individuals within a business and those of reputational importance
- Complex restructure involving 500 staff across 20 business areas on multiple sites
- Supporting organisations with grievance and disciplinary hearings and "without prejudice" and "protected" conversations
- Extensive experience of designing and delivering practical and insightful training
- Carrying out public sector equality impact assessments
- Successfully mediating between a line manager and employee resulting in a significant and sustained improvement to a previously poor working relationship and lack of communication that had been ongoing for several years
I have worked with clients from SMEs to plcs from a wide range of sectors including education (schools, FE and HE), pharmaceutical, food production, manufacturing, automotive, telecommunications and sporting, as well as the NHS, housing associations and charities.